- This event has passed.
Turkey Vulture Stretch 5K
March 20 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$10 – $30
Every March, sometime around the first day of spring and St. Patty’s Day, the Turkey Vultures return to Ely after a relaxing winter in South America. Dust off your running shoes and join us in a 5K run/walk in honor of these unique birds! The route takes you past the Ely City Cemetery where you can catch a glimpse of the Turkey Vultures stretching and warming their wings in the cottonwood trees!
Join us for our annual end-of-winter, welcome-spring, get-off-the-couch 5K! Event is held at Veterans Park Near the duck pond and takes a lap around town.
Adult with shirt – $30
Adult with no shirt – $20
Kid with shirt – $20
Kid with no shirt – $10
Medals will be awarded to the top 3 female, top 3 male, and top 3 kids.
Groups of 10 or more can receive $5 off per person. To get the discount, please contact us through Facebook messaging or email us at email@example.com
- Shirts are long sleeve cotton. You must register by March 7th to guarantee a shirt.
- Medals will be award to the top three male and female finishers, top three kids, and top 3 seniors (55+).
- This is a chip timed event.
- The route is not closed to traffic. All participants must run on the left side of road, against traffic.
- There are no dogs allowed on the course.
- Strollers and wagons are permitted on the course.
- This event will occur rain, snow, or shine.
CHIP TIMING registration deadline
We are now enforcing registration deadlines if you want to be chipped timed.
- Everyone who is registered online will be chipped time.
- Everyone who registered at package pickup the day before the event, will be chipped timed.
- Registration for chipped timing closes one hour before the event (9 am). Individuals that register onsite after 9 am will not receive a chip.